Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Reflection

Learning about the public housing projects had an effect on me. It made me realized how blessed I really am. I never lived in the projects to experience first had how it was. From the stories I have heard and read and even to the movies I had watched, my heart goes out to them. They don't deserve to be treated the way their treated. We are all people and should be treated as such. What makes city and suburbs citizens better? Is it the money? Well it has to be, what else could make the government turn so coldly toward p0ublic housing. Throughout many years the public housing community better known as the projects has been look upon as a horrible place for low unhealthy families. But in the governments eyes it’s a huge opportunity. To me the government never takes time to hear the people voice they only hear what they want to. If had one wish I would make the government change it mind and treat all people equal. No one deserves to be treated like that. I learned also that everything happens for a reason. Maybe the people in the public housings had to go through stage in their life to make them stronger. What bothers me the most is that they treat little children and the same way and they have nothing to do with it. They can’t help it that their parents live in the projects and can’t afford to take them to a better place. It’s just not right. Maybe, our new president will help change this nightmare. I know it takes time for things to change. Nothing changes over night and that’s understandable. I know everyone who reads this takes this as serious as I do. It takes a team an effort to make a project work.

No comments:

Post a Comment